Everyone has seen a list. Whether your parents gave you a bunch of chores or a recipe wanted more eggs, you have used them. Why do recipes keep asking for so many eggs? I need to keep lists for my egg lists. There are too many lists. You just can’t escape their dominance over human culture, no matter what corner of the earth you run to. Just try. You can run but you can’t hide from them. Even eggs are being used as list propaganda. It’s getting bad.
I digress. Without further adieu, here are the top 10 reasons why lists are bad.
- Lists always have 12 items, just like egg cartons. Why eggs?
- Lists can be mass-produced.
- Listing is not an original idea and neither are eggs. Get over the eggs already.
- Lists are forgettable and it’s hard to keep track of how many items one has.
- A list is never finished. You do one thing and there’s always something more. Where are the items coming from? I don’t remember wanting to get more eggs-
- Lists are informal.
- It keeps you focused on a select few ideas. Like eggs.
- Lists are not funny. Also like eggs.
- They remind me too much of eggs and brainstorming projects.
- There is no reason anyone should be using a list; there are many superior formats. You have Venn diagrams, sticky notes, doodles, and eggs, to name a few.
- They’re lazy. (Eggs.)
- Get more eggs.
Do you agree with me? List your reasons why in a comment on our Insta!